Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal has a well-established practice which assists clients with their company incorporation and registration requirements, both in Malta and in other jurisdictions. Our clients operate in a variety of industries and often turn to us to advise them on an appropriate corporate structure for their group or single-purpose companies as well as on the formulation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association prior to its registration with the Registry of Companies.
The Firm is also frequently engaged to assist in more complex operations such as the re-domiciliation of companies (known as continuation of companies) whereby a company incorporated in a foreign jurisdiction continues its existence in (or out of) Malta by fulfilling a number of formalities under the Companies Act.
The Firm can also advise on the formation of special industry corporate vehicles, such as shipping and aviation companies, SICAVs (mainly used for setting up of investment funds) and Protected Cell Companies (PCCs).
The range of services provided by the practice includes:
- Advising clients on which corporate vehicle is best-suited for them, e.g. single member companies, private exempt companies or branches (in Malta known as overseas companies)
- Advising and assisting with any KYC procedures required for the registration of a company
- Drafting the Memorandum & Articles of Association and liaising with the Registry of Companies on the procedures and formalities required for the formation of the company, if required
- Advising clients on all aspects of Maltese Company Law
- Assisting clients with their corporate good governance policies and practices
- Advising on ancillary matters, such as group corporate re-structuring, mergers and acquisitions and taxation
The Firm works closely with ARQ Group Limited, a professional services organisation which includes two MFSA licence entities providing fiduciary, trustee and corporate services. These entities provide comprehensive company incorporation and local administrative support to companies registered in Malta and overseas, including registered office and resident director and secretary services. Its corporate and private clients can also obtain in-house accounting and tax/vat compliance support through ARQ Group Limited.
The law firm does not provide any corporate service as defined under the Company Service Providers Act (Chapter 529 of the Laws of Malta).