The Employment Law practice at Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal advises and represents clients in industrial-related matters, including employment contracts, collective agreements and the resolution of employment disputes.
Our clients operate in a variety of industries and rely on our assistance in attending to all legal issues which arise in connection with the employment of their managerial, technical and administrative staff. The range of services provided by the practice includes:
- Advising clients on employment issues, including personnel recruitment and compliance matters, best practices, and anti-discrimination laws
- Representing employers facing charges of unfair dismissal, breach of employment laws and discrimination before the Industrial Tribunal and competent ordinary courts
- Advising parties on employment-related issues associated with corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and downsizing
- Assisting clients on the negotiation, formulation and drafting of employment services agreements for employees, board members and managing directors
- Advising clients on employment related tax matters, including the application of final settlement and national insurance regulations, tax incentives and benefit schemes for companies and employees, and fringe benefits rules
- Advising local and international companies on all aspects of labour law in the EU
In the event of dispute or disagreement, the firm seeks to attain the most beneficial route for its clients and considers negotiation a main priority. when negotiations do not lead to the required result, the dedicated team of lawyers assists clients both as Plaintiff and Defendant alike in matters referred to the Industrial Tribunal and Court of Appeal.
For further information, kindly contact Dr. Christian Farrugia or Dr. Katia Mercieca.