Malta has, since the year 2000, developed into a hub for remote gaming activities due to its robust regulation in the area, as well its highly favourable corporate and tax regimes. Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal has a wide practice in this area.
Our gaming clients can benefit from an experienced legal team which is led by Dr Christian Farrugia who assisted and acted as legal advisor to one of the very first online gaming companies which was licenced to operate under Maltese Law even prior to the introduction of the Remote Gaming Regulations. Dr Farrugia was also involved in a number of high profile cross-border disputes involving gaming operators in Malta.
The range of services provided by the practice includes:
- Advising clients on the appropriate choice of licence(s) applicable to their operations in the area of remote gaming
- Assistance in the preparation of the client’s business plan
- Full and comprehensive assistance in the process of applying for a remote gaming licence
- Advice and assistance throughout the initial Compliance Audit as well as future audits
- Advice and guidance on the regulatory issues and legal duties of remote gaming licensees and their officers
- Sourcing a Key Official and assisting with company compliance on an on-going basis
- Sourcing IT Infrastructure support
- General advice in regard to B2B legal matters such as IT outsourcing or IP License Agreements
- Representation in litigation
The practice works hand in hand with Capstone Advisory for technical, regulatory and accounting support.
For further information kindly contact Dr. Christian Farrugia.