Mergers & Acquisitions
Local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&As) may be similar in scope but are regulated by different rules. European cross-border M&As are regulated primarily by the EC Merger Directive whilst local M&As are also regulated by the Maltese Companies Act, 1995.
M&As are becoming increasingly complex requiring precise and professional handling. Specialised areas such as competition law have added new dimensions to M&As which must be given attention. Our team has experience and expertise in handling local and cross-border transactions including private acquisitions and disposals to public mergers & takeovers. We liaise on our extensive international network of law firms and consultants to enable us to address international and cross-border issues.
Our services in this field include:
- Advice on procedural and regulatory issues
- Representation of merging parties with regulatory bodies
- Negotiating and drafting SPAs and other related agreements
- Advising on competition law issues which may arise, including any control of concentrations considerations
- Tax planning and advice on tax and Vat issues
For further information, kindly contact Dr. Christian Farrugia or Dr. Tonio Fenech.