Malta is an island EU member state with a centuries-old maritime tradition whose flag register is, today, one of the largest in the world. Shipping activities on the island include a sizable Freeport facility, various bunkering operators, ship/yacht repair yards and numerous long-established shipping agents and suppliers.
Fenech Farrugia Fiott Legal provides Maritime Law advice to a large number of local and foreign clients. Our services include:
- Advice on crew agreements and claims;
- Advice on time, voyage and bareboat charter party transactions;
- Arrest of vessels in Malta;
- Mortgage and privilege enforcement claims;
- Judicial sales of vessels seized in Malta;
- Advice on cargo and marine insurance claims;
- Representation in litigation and arbitration in collision, marine casualty, environmental pollution, salvage and other maritime claims.
For further information, kindly contact Dr. Christian Farrugia.